Monday, February 6, 2012

Exploring Oregon: Mt. Pisgah

I realize I have not blogged in like 2 weeks, a huge shock seeing as how I blogged every single day for a week or so. So, be prepared for the next few days because I have A LOT to blog about now :)

First things first... last week we went to a place in Eugene called Mt. Pisgah. It was a beautiful day in Eugene and we all really wanted to go hiking, but needed some place semi-simple for the girls (Deci and Journey) to be able to enjoy as well as us. Audrey had heard from our neighbors that Mt. Pisgah was a great place for kids and was a beautiful view. It was also one of the things that Audrey has on her Oregon "Bucket List" of things to do here. So we packed up and headed that way!

We started kind of late in the afternoon so as we hiked the sun coming through the trees made for some awesome pictures.
I swear, it was like we were in a fairy tale or something. The trails were gorgeous and the walk was very simple and relaxing. The farther we went up, the more we could see the countryside and mountains.


We did not go all the way to the top since it was late afternoon and the sun sets at like.... 4:30 here. But we did get to see the sun starting to set and go behind the mountains.
I loved hiking down this mountain and listening to the song "Great I Am" by New Life Worship. There is a lyric that says "The mountains shake before Him, the demons run and flee at the mention of the name King of Majesty." I just thought that song and lyric was so appropriate for the chance to really put in perspective how small we are compared to how big our God is. Amazing. 





1 comment:

  1. I love the second picture of the sun coming through the trees!

    ReplyDelete

blog love