Monday, February 13, 2012

Marriage Letter Monday: Patience

Remember a few weeks ago when I wrote a letter to my future husband? Well my friends Audrey and Quinton are joining with there friend Amber at The Run a Muck and her husband in an effort to preserve marriage by writing letters back and forth on their blogs every Monday. Since I am not married, I have decided to join in by writing to my future husband every once in a while. Click on my friends' names to read their letters to their spouses this week.


Wait for the Lord. Be strong, take heart and wait for the Lord.


Dear future husband of mine, 

Some days when I am looking on Facebook at all of my friends who are married or dating or something, I wonder "when is it gonna be my turn?" As I said in my last letter, I don't want to be married right now, but there is still this feeling of missing out or being left out when everyone else is enjoying being with their boyfriends/husbands especially with Valentine's Day being tomorrow! I don't like to be that cliched single person who hates Valentine's Day and all who celebrate it because of my singleness, but I do have to admit, it is slightly depressing. That's when I am reminded by God to be patient. I know that if I fully focus on the Lord and if you fully focus on the Lord, our paths will converge when the timing is right in God's eyes, not my eyes and not your eyes. Sometimes I wonder if I already know who you are, not if I know you're gonna be my  husband, but if we are friends or acquaintances or something. Is that silly? I don't want to rush into anything and to grow up to fast, I mean, my goodness the years of my life are already flying by at warp speed, I just need to focus all of my attention on God and being patient with His great and perfect plan for my life and your life and just be okay with waiting until the Lord feels that I am ready for a relationship. I just hope He doesn't wait until I am 30 or something, but if He does, I will just have to cross that bridge when I get to it, although, I am sure my mom will want grandkids before she is too old to play with them(no offense, Mother!) Speaking of mothers, I hope you have a nice one... as discussed earlier, I have a problem with patience! I also wanna add that I pray for you and who you are and who you are becoming often. I want our lives to reflect the love that Jesus has for us. I want our marriage to be one that shows people how Jesus loves the world. Last but not least, today I am praying that you will have patience with me. I can be a difficult person to get along with and I can be super negative about life sometimes, and sometimes I will just want my space. Please be patient with me on those days and in those moments, because even though I may say I don't want you around, I will always want that reassurance that you have my back no matter what.

Love,
Breanna♥

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongdoing. 
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, and always perseveres. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

blog love