Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Psalms to live by.

I bought this book at a bookstore the other day called Lady In Waiting: "Becoming God's Best While Waiting for Mr. Right" and have been using it as a devotional type study. So far, I love it! I encourage every single woman-young or old-to read it.

Yesterday and today I have been working on the challenge to read through the book of Psalms in the Old Testament and underline/circle the words "trust" and "rely upon" every time they appear(which just so happens to be A LOT). I could just skim through, since I have read the Pslams before, but instead, I decided to actually read every word out loud while I search for those keywords of "trust" and "rely upon." While reading this morning, I stumbled across this section of Psalms 119 (verses 9-16) that I have read a thousand times it seems, but it really hit home with me today, and in making this my prayer today, I wanted to share it with you guys as well!



How can a young man(woman) keep his way pure?
By living according to your word.
I seek you with all my heart;
do not let me stray from your commands.
I have hidden your word in my heart 
that I might not sin against you.
Praise be to you, O LORD;
teach me your decrees.
With my lips I recount
all the laws that come from your mouth.
I rejoice in following your statutes
as one rejoices in great riches.
I meditate on your precepts
and consider your ways.
I delight in your decrees; 
I will not neglect your word. 




P.S. I won a giveaway for a Blog Critique e-book today! So I may be making some major blog renovations in the coming days! Check out the blog I won the giveaway at! 




3 comments:

  1. I love the idea of circling trust and rely upon throughout the psalms! What a great exercise! I want to implement that into the bible study I'm teaching now. Thanks so much for posting, I love your blog too and am linking to it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved it as well! Definitely helped me have the "eyes of faith" like Ruth. If these great men of the Bible like David can have such immense faith in the Lord, why can't I have faith in Him for the small things? It's a daily struggle for my life.

      Delete
  2. I haven't read your blog in a few days, so I thought I needed to catch up on it! I am so glad I decided to, because this verse just slapped me in the face (not literally but that would be AWESOME!) :)

    ReplyDelete

blog love