Sunday, February 12, 2012

Movie Review: The Vow

 Let me start by telling you the story of how our evening went before the movie started. So Friday night Audrey and I along with our friends Thania and Maribel went to see the new movie The Vow. Audrey had talked to Maribel the night before and we agreed to meet at the theater by our house at 7:30 even though the movie didn't start until 7:55, but after seeing what everyone was saying about the movie on Facebook yesterday, I was getting the feeling we should plan to get there earlier... but we stuck with 7:30. So Audrey and I left the house around 7:20 so we knew we would be there on time. At 7:28 we were pulling into the parking lot, so I texted Maribel and our conversation went a little like this:
Me: Hey! We are pulling into the theater parking lot right now... are you guys here yet?
Maribel: The movie starts at 7:55.
Me: Yes??? Audrey said we were supposed to meet at 7:30, were we not?
Maribel: Yes, I am on my way.
So after the confusion, Audrey and I walked into the mall that the theater is located in and went up to ask how full the theater was so we could order tickets if we needed to before they sold out. This is the conversation between Audrey and the ticket lady:
Audrey: How open is the theater for The Vow?
Ticket Lady: Very open. We've only sold 10 tickets.
Audrey: Okay, great. Well then we will just wait to buy our tickets then until our friends get here. 
According to this conversation with the ticket lady, we didn't need to buy our tickets early or even worry about buying them on time, even though a lot of people had mentioned on Facebook about some theaters being sold out. After our friends arrived and we bought our tickets and waited in line for concessions (we couldn't resist the sell of buttery popcorn even though it's not on our diets), we proceeded to walk into the theater only to see that the ticket lady was MORE than WAYYYYYY off on telling us they had only sold 10 tickets.... there was literally like 1 seat on each row that was still open. As we decided we were not gonna be able to sit together (as there was 4 of us) we saw 4 seats together on the VERY. FIRST. ROW. Yes, the row where you literally have to look straight up in order to see the screen and not in the cool iMax kind of way... in the your eyes cannot look at the whole screen at once kind of way...  
After facing the inevitable, the movie finally started and I was hooked from the very first scene! I think the coolest thing about this movie is that it's based on a true story. Not to mention the great love quotes that will be overly quoted in the next few weeks. 

 The movie starts with a couple who is madly in love and a tragic accident causes the wife to lose every memory she has of her husband. The movie basically follows the journey of the couple as they try to cope with their tragedy and figure out what the rest of their lives look like. All in all, it was well worth the $6 I paid for a movie ticket and well worth having to stare straight up to the screen. It made me want to journal every single detail of my life. (totally unrealistic-ha!) But in all honesty, I definitely started thinking about the fact that it is so important to make the most of every single day, because you or someone important to you may not remember or not be around to experience life with you tomorrow. It also reminded me that fairy tale loves really do exist in more than just storybooks. I have to admit, I cried just a little while watching. But I will definitely watch this again when it is on Netflix/Redbox. I leave you with a clip from the movie and then an interview with the couple the movie and book were based on. Beware that there may be spoilers for the story in the interview if you have yet to see it, but its worth watching for sure. 
ta-ta for now!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It's SOOOO good! But, I have to say that Hollywood spruced it up big time according to the interview with the couple... kind of disappointing, but still really cute nonetheless!

      Delete
  2. This is awesome! We both have a review about the Vow (mine comes out next week though) and a review about Lady in Waiting! We need to get together. :) I feel like we have a lot to talk about

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woah! Totally awesome, for sure! You know what they say: Great minds think alike! :) I sent you an email this morning! I definitely feel like we would benefit from having a conversation, your blog is super great! :)

      Delete

blog love