Sunday, February 19, 2012

life update.

Happy Sunday, folks! Hope you all have had a fantastic weekend! I didn't do much at all other than relax a little bit! 
So, I basically just wanted to update on things even though there isn't a great deal going on in my life right now. 
I still haven't heard from the job interview I had last Monday at Vanilla Jill's. Hoping I hear from them soon. Either way, I have plans to go out and apply at other places probably on Tuesday. 
School is getting ridiculous, and I am also in the middle of doing scholarship stuff for my transfer school (New Hope Christian College in Eugene.) 
(Me and Sharee in front of my future school!)
This week God is teaching me to have a softened heart. I am too negative about life and people in general. I am quick to anger and slow to show mercy and love. And I have to admit, I have a little problem with gossip, which can really hurt people. So, God is helping me overcome that problem. I have been reading Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller (which is coming out as a movie soon!) and he said that after he became a Christian he struggled with the fact that he wasn't "good" in God's eyes even though he seemed, to himself, to be quite good. He said he tried for one week to not say anything bad or negative in any way about a person and then he really realized how bad he really was. I have been challenging myself to write down every bad or negative thought I have... not so I can show people, but so I can realize just how bad I am in that area of my life. 
I hope this helps bring awareness to my hard heart.
I am selling knit hats and crocheted dishcloths for my India mission trip. Read my guest post from last week to find out more and to see pictures! There are also several ways you can donate to my trip: buy a hat or dishcloth, click the "Donate" button to the left of this post, go here to donate another place online, or stay tuned because I am about to start making super cool jewelry to sell as well!
Anyways, I also want to say thank you to all of my friends who are on this journey called life with me. I truly have an amazing support system, and I want you to know I am thankful for all of you!

*Hasta luego!

2 comments:

  1. aww such a cute blog - and good luck with the jobs!! xo

    C | www.linenandleaves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

blog love