Friday, June 15, 2012

Viva NashVegas, etc.

Look out blogging world, I am blogging 2 days in a row now! Woah Woah!
So as I mentioned in my last blog... and as you can probably see if you have been reading my blog for a while, there have been a lot of big changes happening here since yesterday! I have a new blog name(header props to my awesomely tech-savy and blogging genius friend Kerrie), color scheme, and URL (www.breannarains.blogspot.com if you had it previously bookmarked.) I am super excited about the changes and new things happening in my life and I hope you are excited to be joining me on this journey! Please be patient with me as I get my blog stuff straightened out(hopefully I will be finished by my next blog post!)

Anyways, enough with formalities. As I mentioned in my last post, when I came back to the South, I flew into Nashville airport. My sister's dad was coming down from Kentucky(to Nashville) to pick her and her friend up the next day and starting on that Monday, my mom had a conference for work to attend, so we had a little mini vacation in Nashville before returning to Alabama that Wednesday. It was really a lot of fun.

On Sunday we were waiting for my sister's dad to come down to get them, so we decided to do a little exploring of downtown Nashville, which was really fun because I have been to Nashville many times before for cheer competitions and dropping my sister off other times, but we never had the chance to explore until this trip.
For lunch we went to Dick's Last Resort which was really good and a lot of fun. The wait staff is paid to be rude and sarcastic to the customers and it's quite funny. They did things like giving me sweet tea twice when I asked for unsweet, giving me 20 lemons in my tea when I asked for tea with lemon, tying y sister's friend's straw in a knot inside her cup, giving my sister a HUGE pitcher full of coke when she asked for a refill, and made us really tall and obnoxious looking hats with funny sayings on them to wear while we were eating. My sister's hat said, "I eat my boogers." Her friend's said, "I still wet the bed." My mom's said, "I tried to give them back to the doctor," and mine said, "I'm more annoying than a midget in a limbo contest." haha. Here are some pics from the restaurant:

They had this body shape taped onto the floor... of course we had to play dead inside of it.  

My hat, lemons, and Lexus's huge pitcher of coke.

After Dick's Last Resort we went walking around downtown and my sister and her friend decided it would be fun to get stared at by wearing their hats outside. Silly girls.

Eventually we stumbled into Wildhorse Saloon, which is world famous, or so I hear. Anyways, they had a lot of random horse statue things everywhere. 


The next day started my mom's work conference, so I was by myself all day for three days in the hotel and it was a lot of fun considering it was SO sunny and hot... and I have been in Oregon for the past 10 months where it has been far from 95 degrees! That being said, I totally underestimated the power of the Southern sun... I was burned so bad after laying by the pool for like 15 minutes! It was horrible. 

All in all, it was an awesome time hanging out in Nashville for a few days before returning to real life back in Bama considering it was probably the only vacation I will get all summer! 

1 comment:

  1. LOL...i loved this one Breanna..Yall had so muuch fun..and i am so glad u r back in ALABAMA<3

    ReplyDelete

blog love