Monday, January 30, 2012

Marriage Letters

My friend Audrey at Q and A started this new thing called Marriage Letters where every Monday she posts a letter to her husband, Quinton. (Check out my Linking Up! at the bottom of this post.) She got the idea from a blog that she reads, but you will have to go to her blog to find out more! I was joking around with Audrey saying that I was gonna write a letter to my future husband since I am not married and don't even have a boyfriend. She said she thought it was a good idea...... so here goes!

Dear future husband... where/whoever you may be,
This is me. 
I sometimes find myself wondering what you are doing at a certain point in time. I like to think you are in Mexico or India or anywhere really, pouring your heart out in the mission field. I like to think you are doing something totally amazing that is furthering the Kingdom so one day when we are married I can say, "Listen to what my husband did before we met." There are a few things about me that you may want to know before we get married:
I don't know if I want children.
I don't like to wear make-up on most days, but I will always want to look my best for you.
I don't like to cuddle... but maybe I will get over that.
I can't imagine sharing a bed with someone... but maybe I will get over that, too.
I like to talk, A LOT. and I hope you are a great listener.
I love the Lord with all of my heart, and I hope you are okay with being second to Him.
I also hope that you love the Lord with all of your heart and know that I am totally okay with being second to Him.
My clothes hardly match or are ironed... and I love it that way.
I don't know how to cook, so you will have to be patient with me.
I will never settle down and live in one place the rest of my life, but I will always want you by my side. I hope your heart is as restless as mine.
I don't like to shave my legs all the time (gross, I know) but for you I will try to do better. 
I don't like to receive flowers or gifts, I would settle for a love note or text.
I have a board on Pinterest of what our wedding will look like, and I haven't even met you, yet. 
I spend way too much time over analyzing things.
I get jealous really easily, but the Lord is helping me work on that.

I can only hope that you will embrace and love these things about me and help and encourage me to do better on the things I need work on. Please be patient, because I really will try my hardest to be the wife I know God would want me to be. I can't wait to meet you and I hope you can't wait to meet me, either! 
-Love your future wife, Breanna 















*Linking Up!
If you want to read real love stories between husband and wife every Monday check out these posts:


QandA The Williams' Post

3 comments:

  1. I loved the letter to your future husband!!! Leave it to u to be able to write to your UNKNOWN FUTURE husband!!Wish u a world of happiness,Breanna<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cool! I wrote one of these a few months ago, I think it is a really awesome idea and to pray for him too. Even though you don't know him yet God does and he will send those prayers to him. :)

    ReplyDelete

blog love