Monday, January 9, 2012

A New Year a New You.

Pretty cliched statement, right? At the start of a new year it is kind of a tradition for people to make "New Year's Resolutions." Ones that tend to be broken by the end of the first week of the new year. I have never been one for making promises to myself that I can't keep, but since 2012 started, I have had this verse on my heart.
Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.
1 Corinthians 6:17
While the first part of this passage is talking about sexual immorality, I also believe it is a general statement about how we should take care of our bodies spiritually, by feeding ourselves with the Word and with healthy relationships and with prayer, and also physically by watching the foods and substances we put into our bodies. 
So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.
This is my new year's resolution: to be self aware of the harmful things I put into my body, including trying to eat healthier. If I lose some weight a long the way, that would be great! I also want to put good things in spiritually by being disciplined to be in God's Word every day and to be feeding my spiritual body the nutritional value that the Lord has waiting to give us. I want to be hungry for the Word like a new born baby craves milk from the mother. (1 Peter 2:2) I want to glorify God with my body, soul, and mind. 

1 comment:

blog love